In Honor of our 10th Anniversary: Olive Allen Hughes Award
Air Alliance Houston announces an award to be given annually in honor of Olive Allen Hughes, a long-time supporter of Air Alliance Houston and Earth Day Houston in particular. Olive’s kindness, her generous spirit, and her passion for the nonprofit community have been an essential component of the success of Earth Day Houston. Starting in 2015, Air Alliance Houston will give the Olive Allen Hughes award each year to an Earth Day Houston participant that demonstrates a commitment to the values we celebrate in our friend Olive.
Eligible organizations must:
- Be active in Texas in the fields of public health or environment;
- Demonstrate how their mission and programming qualify them for the award;
- Complete award application and provide proof of nonprofit status.
Award recipient will receive complimentary exhibitor status at Earth Day Houston including booth space, booth supplies, parking passes and access to our VIP Tent. The award and recipient will be announced from the stage at the festival and featured on the Earth Day Houston website.
Please complete the following application:
- Provide your mission statement, a brief history and objectives of the organization. (one page maximum please)
- Why would you like to exhibit at Earth Day Houston? Please include any activities you plan on providing in your booth. (one page maximum please)
Please answer the following questions:
- What other non-profit organizations do you admire, and why?
- If money were no object, what would you do/make/produce to promote your organization at Earth Day Houston?
- What gets you excited about Earth Day Houston?
Please send completed application to:
Sara Heald, Festival Director, Air Alliance Houston
2409 Commerce Street, Suite A
Houston, Texas 77003
Applications are due February 13, 2015.
Winners will be notified by February 27, 2015.
Make sure to include:
- Completed application
- Copy of 501c3 certificate