“Why is our culture so confusing? These authors shine some light on our existence and our potential to control our destiny. As the parable of the Blind Men and the Elephant shows us, books are like views from different blind men, and the more you read, the better picture of the elephant you get.” – Steve Stelzer
- The Secret Life of Compost by Malcolm Beck
- Plastic: A Toxic Love Story by Susan Freinkel
- Toxics A to Z by Harte, Holdren, et al
- Ecology of Commerce; Blessed Unrest by Paul Hawken
- Too Much Magic; World Made by Hand by James H. Kunstler
- The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard (short film)
- Reinventing Fire by Amory Lovins
- Over; Visualizing Density by Alex MacLean
- 1491; 1493 by Charles Mann
- Deep Green Resistance by Keith Jensen McBay
- The Upcycle; Cradle to Cradle by McDonough & Braungart
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
What books would you add to this list?
This list has been compiled by Steve Stelzer. Steve is the current board President of Citizens Environmental Coalition and acts as the Program Director of the City of Houston Public Works & Engineering Building Code Enforcement/ Green Building Resource Center.
The above is just a sample of the full list (50 titles!) which can be found here.